POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : how to draw sth on the surface of a ball : how to draw sth on the surface of a ball Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:31:11 EDT (-0400)
  how to draw sth on the surface of a ball
From: mudong
Date: 2 Oct 2003 18:15:02
Message: <web.3f7ca32d77d9a3bdfceeb1e0@news.povray.org>
I was asked to make sth for students which is like the smiling face in a
image on walmart's website

http://www.walmart.com/i/if/shp/header_52229.jpg,

below is what i got so far, but I just have no clue how to draw the mouth, I
don't know which tool to use to draw sth on a surface, could somebody
please help, many thanks!!!!!!

Mudong

 #include "colors.inc"
  background { color White }
  camera {
    location <0, 2, -5>
    look_at  <0, 1,  0>
  }
  sphere {
    <0, 1, 0>, 2
    texture {
      pigment { color red 1.6 green 1.4 blue 0 }

    }
  }
sphere_sweep {

  linear_spline
  3,

  <0,1.2,-1.989>, 0.03,
  <-0.14, 1.4,-1.9546>, 0.04,
  <-0.28, 1.6, -1.8872>, 0.03
               texture {
      pigment { color Black}
    }
}
     sphere_sweep {

  linear_spline
  3,
  <0.5,1.44,-1.88584>, 0.03 ,
  <0.4, 1.66, -1.8451>, 0.04,
  <0.3,1.88,-1.77076>, 0.03

               texture {
      pigment { color Black}
    }
}

  light_source { <2, 0.5, -9> color White}